ZipSnap is a free software application from the Backup & Restore subcategory, part of the System Utilities category.
The app is currently available in English and it was last updated on 2007-08-26. The program can be installed on WinXP, Windows Vista Starter, Windows Vista Home Basic, Windows Vista Home Premium, Windows Vista Business, Windows Vista Enterprise, Windows Vista Ultimate, Windows Vista Home Basic x64, Windows Vista Home Premium x64, Windows Vista Business x64, Windows Vista Enterprise x64, Windows Vista Ultimate x64, Unix, Linux, Linux Console, Linux GPL, Linux Open Source, Mac OS X, Java.
Ever wished there was an easy way to backup multiple versions of your files, or quickly synchronize them across different computers (even on different operating systems) so that you always work with the most recent copies? ZipSnap can help you with that!
ZipSnap creates archives that are collections of point-in-time snapshots. An archive is just a directory of catalogs (plain text files compressed as ZIP files) and compressed volumes (ZIP files). When a snapshot is added to an archive, a new compressed volume is created, containing only new or modified files and directories. A catalog is used to store information on the snapshots and contents of the archive. Files are automatically numbered with a timestamp. Runs on any OS with the Java Runtime Environment (JRE 6+). ZipSnap is free and open source software written in Java and released under the GNU GPL license (version 3).
* ZipSnap creates archives that are collections of point-in-time snapshots. An archive is just a directory of catalogs (plain text files compressed as ZIP files) and compressed volumes (ZIP files).
* Catalogs are written cumulatively, i.e. a later catalog contains all the information from previous catalogs. Therefore, only the latest catalog is needed when adding/restoring snapshots.
* Catalogs and compressed volumes are automatically timestamped as ArchiveName.yyyyMMdd-HHmmss.n, with extensions .txt.zip and .zip respectively, where n is the snapshot number.
* Because ZipSnap never modifies a catalog or compressed volume after it is created, archives can be stored on write-once-only media.
* ZipSnap supports GLOB and REGEX filters for file/directory names, or their full (relative) pathnames.
See http://zipsnap.sourceforge.net/ for the latest version, screenshots, documentation, and other information.
ZipSnap (version 2.1) has a file size of 96.67 KB and is available for download from our website.
Just click the green Download button above to start. Until now the program was downloaded 117 times.
We already checked that the download link to be safe, however for your own protection we recommend that you scan the downloaded software with your antivirus.